As the weather warms up, you may become more motivated to begin spring cleaning. You probably have a list in your mind of all the seasonal cleaning tasks you want to complete. There are a few important tasks that are often overlooked that we would advise you not to forget. Here are a few of these important seasonal cleaning tasks:
- Appliance Cleaning. Most people regularly clean out their refrigerator and wipe down their microwave. But what about your dishwasher, oven, and washing machine? These appliances should also be cleaned out to prevent bacteria and mold from growing, as well as reduce the strain that dirt and grime cause to your machines.
- You should flip your mattress over about every six months to prevent uneven wear. While flipping your mattress, also vacuum out any dust that has gathered on it. This will keep your mattress cleaner and reduce allergies.
- Showerhead Buildup. Have you noticed a buildup of sediment on your showerheads? Does your water seem less powerful? Cover your showerhead with a plastic bag full of vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes to dissolve the unsightly buildup.
- Sliding Door and Window Tracks. Use a toothbrush and warm water to break up the dirt and gunk that have accumulated in your door and window tracks. You can also use a vacuum hose to remove any loose debris.
- Light Fixtures and Fans. Both of these areas are common places for dust to collect. Not only do you want to dust these areas with a dusting wand, but you should also clean them with a damp cloth.
If you lack the time needed to complete all of the spring cleaning tasks on your list, we can help. At Maid This Way, we provide seasonal cleaning services that are tailored to your needs. We will clean the areas that you request so you can complete your entire spring cleaning checklist. Call us today to set up an appointment.